Try this simple, quick, good for you recipe from Chef’d! The spices in this dish really add punch to would might otherwise be another boring ground turkey meal. We loved it and will definitely make again. If you are lazy like me, order the meal from Chef’d and all of the ingredients, in the right portions, will get delivered straight to your door.
Italian Turkey Sausage and Cauliflower Sauté. Recipe from Atkins.
We call this dish a two-skillet wonder: all it takes is two skillets and not much time at all to throw together this cheesy, meaty, tomato-y Italian dish. So easy and delicious!
Atkins recipes from Chef’d are designed for Phase 1 of the Atkins20 diet, which is the leading low carb weight loss plan. In Phase 1, you start with 20 grams of Net Carbs a day, with 15 grams coming from vegetables, and you gradually increase your net carbs during each of Atkins’ four phases. The Chef’d meals feature leafy greens and colorful vegetables, steak, fish, seafood and poultry, plus heavy cream, sour cream, butter, heart health oils and most hard cheeses. With their step-by-step instructions, you’ll learn how to whip up delicious, perfectly portioned low carb meals in minutes.
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Skill Level: Easy Breezy
- 284 calories
- 16.5 carbs
If you want to make this dish, you’ll need the items below.
Included in the Chef’d box (serves 4):
- 1/2 oz fresh basil
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links (3 0z each)
- 24 oz cauliflower
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Not included in the Chef’d box:
- olive oil
- black pepper
- two large saute pans’
- can opener
- Prep the basil
- Remove the basil leaves from the stems and discard the stems
- Roughly chop the leaves and hold to the side
2. Cook the sausage
- Remove the sausage from the casings and break into pieces
- Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. When hot, add the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes
3. Cook the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and set aside
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- When the pan is hot, add the cauliflower and sauté until it just begins to brown, about 2 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook until the water evaporates and the cauliflower is crisp, but tender, about 3 minutes
4. Let’s sauté
- Once the cauliflower is crisp -tender, add the sausage and stir.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, basil, red chili flakes, dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Cook, stirring occasionally until everything is well incorporated and heated through
5. Finish the dish and plate
- Top the cauliflower and sausage mixture with the parmesan cheese, cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Divide the sausage and cauliflower sauté evenly between four plates.