I’m really enjoying the Atkins recipes from the meal delivery service, Chef’d! The ingredients came right to my door and, as usual, I was very impressed with the quality. The chicken breasts were nice and pink and of good portions. The veggies were crisp and fresh. If you are considering joining a meal delivery service, Chef’d has yet to disappoint. If you are interested in trying the recipe, I am happy to share it below. Enjoy!
Zucchini Chicken Alfredo. Recipe from Atkins.
You can now enjoy this rich Italian favorite without guilt! The Zucchini in this dish is a tasty low carb alternative to pasta!
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Skill Level: Easy Breezy
- Calories 522 per serving
- Carbs: 8.8g
If you want to make this dish, you’ll need the items below.
Included in the Chef’d box (serves 4):
- 4 Zucchini
- 4 Chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 4 pats of butter
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
Not included in the Chef’d box:
- Olive oil
- black pepper
- large bowl
- large non-stick saute pan
- medium sauce pot
- Slice the Zucchini
- Thinly slice the zucchini with a vegetable peeler into thin strips; place in a large bowl
2. Cook the Chicken
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and season each with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat a large non-stick saute pan over medium high heat and add 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and saute on each side for 4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked
- Remove from heat and once cool, cut into 1/2 inch slices
3. Starting the Sauce
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pot over medium heat
- Add the whipping cream and stir
- Simmer gently until the cream had reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes
4. Finish the Alfredo Sauce and Mix
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and a pinch of pepper
- Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth; Remove from heat
- Add the Alfredo sauce to the zucchini and gently toss to combine
5. Serve and Enjoy
- Divide the zucchini noodles and sauce between four plates
- Top with a chicken breast and enjoy!